Everdry Waterproofing Know How to Waterproof a Basement
If you need more space for your growing family and have an unfinished basement, the trusted experts at Everdry Waterproofing Fox Cities can help. We provide complete waterproofing solutions for homeowners throughout Northeastern Wisconsin. As the area’s best waterproofing company in the area, our knowledgeable specialists have experience installing high-quality waterproofing solutions, including sump pumps, ventilation systems, and foundation wall reinforcements. Once your basement space is waterproof, it provides your family with additional square footage. Transform your basement into an office, playroom, entertainment area, or additional bedrooms. Learn more about why our waterproofing solutions are right for you. Contact our team today.
What Are the Warning Signs of a Wet Basement?
The warning signs of a wet basement may seem obvious. However, the untrained expert may not understand all of the warning signs that their basement is susceptible to water damage. When you contact our team, we’ll conduct a thorough investigation into the potential threat of water damage to your basement, which includes:
- Foundation Cracks – If there are any large cracks or bowing in your basement’s walls, then it’s time to contact an expert. If not adequately reinforced, water can seep through and expand the cracks even further, leading to water damage and foundational issues. Our team utilizes Stabl-Wall™ to support cracked or bowing walls.
- Musty Smells – A musty smell in the basement often indicates a strong presence of moisture. We utilize the E-Z Breathe ventilation system to help remove moisture from your basement, which can improve air quality.
- Mold and Mildew – Mold and mildew grow in dark and wet areas and thrive in basements and crawl spaces. When mold proliferates, it releases spores which can cause allergy-like symptoms in some members of your family. Ensure your basement is water-free and your family safe.
Why Does My Basement Have Water?
Water can be destructive, especially for homeowners with a finished basement. When you find water in your basement, it can be alarming. However, it’s important to recognize how water could get into your basement in the first place. Once the cause of the water can be determined, it becomes much easier to prevent it from happening again. Below are some common ways in which water may enter your basement:
- Burst Pipe – When a basement pipe bursts, it can lead to water in your basement. Many times the water will accumulate in the ceiling above before soaking the floor below it. Unfortunately, waterproofing your basement will not help in this situation. However, an E-Z Breathe ventilation system can help eliminate the moisture and prevent mold growth.
- Cracked Foundation – During rainstorms, the soft soil around your home’s foundation will absorb the water. Eventually, water will begin to seep through the cracks of the foundation and into your basement. Our Stabl-Wall™ foundation wall reinforcement will help prevent water from entering your basement through cracks.
- Hydrostatic Pressure – In some situations, you may see water swell up from beneath the floor. This is a phenomenon called hydrostatic pressure. Due to soil saturation, water will push through any obstruction, such as the crack in a concrete floor—the deeper your basement, the stronger the force of the hydrostatic pressure. A sump pump can help alleviate some of the water.
How Can You Waterproof My Basement?
At Everdry Waterproofing Fox Cities, we offer comprehensive basement waterproofing solutions for homeowners, including ventilation systems, sump pumps, and foundation wall reinforcement. Each one of these products is expertly installed and manufactured to help prevent water from entering your basement.
- Sump Pump – A sump pump is designed to capture water at the lowest point in your basement and expel it out of your home. As rainwater collects in the basement, it triggers a switch that will automatically send the excess water through piping and away from your home.
- E-Z Breathe Ventilation System – As part of our comprehensive approach to waterproofing, the E-Z Breathe ventilation system will remove excess moisture from your basement’s air. This will help reduce the chance of mold and mildew growth.
- Stabl-Wall™ –The Stabl-Wall™ system will help prevent bowing or cracked foundation walls from completely collapsing by utilizing carbon fiber reinforcement.
What Are the Benefits of Waterproofing My Basement?
There are several reasons you may consider waterproofing your basement. It’s essential for homeowners who would like to eventually finish their basement to prevent water damage to expensive furniture and electronics. Waterproofing your basement not only allows you to finish your basement for additional square footage, but it will also improve your home’s air quality by eliminating mold and mildew, which grow in damp, dark spaces in the home.
Choose the Waterproofing Professionals
When you need fast and reliable basement waterproofing solutions for your Appleton or Northeastern Wisconsin home, then contact the experts at Everdry Waterproofing Fox Cities. Our knowledgeable and experienced waterproofing technicians will spend time understanding what you plan on using the basement for and create a comprehensive plan to help keep it dry. Our high-quality products and experienced installers will give you peace of mind that your basement will stay dry throughout the year. Contact our team today to get started.