Ensure Your Basement is Comfortable
Basements can be a challenge for homeowners. Even the most well-maintained, dry, and well-lit basement can feel damp. When there’s too much moisture in your basement, not only can you feel it, but you can smell it. Problems with moisture in your basement can affect the air throughout your home and make it feel and smell damp and musty. Everdry Waterproofing Fox Cities offers unrivaled dehumidification solutions for families in Appleton, Green Bay, and the Greater Wisconsin area. Excessive humidity in your basement can affect asthma and worsen allergies without a dehumidifier. Humidity can also encourage mold growth in your basement. To discover how we can help, give us a call to schedule your free consultation.
Why Use a Dehumidifier in Your Basement?
Dehumidifiers are appliances that reduce excess moisture as they help filter and cool the air in your basement. They’re essential for your basement or crawl space to feel dry and comfortable. It’s not uncommon for families to use dehumidifiers in the summer or after a bad storm. Still, these portable units aren’t designed to handle the demands of a space like a basement. We can help you find and install the right unit to ensure your basement is moisture-free. Any water in your basement is cause for concern. If it sits too long, the water evaporates, leading to other complications.
Benefits of Basement Dehumidification & Moisture Control
These units are ideal for keeping your basement at a relative humidity level, improving your home’s air quality. Keeping the humidity level low helps prevent mold and mildew from forming in your home. You can rely on our team to work with you to find the right size and model to efficiently dehumidify your space. We’ve compiled some of the most significant benefits of dehumidification, including:
- Eliminate Mold and Mildew – If the humidity levels in your basement get above 50%, you have an increased chance for mold and mildew to spread throughout your space. Mold is a serious issue for families with allergies or respiratory issues. Some mold and mildew side effects include itchy or running eyes, headaches, sinus issues, sore throat, and persistent coughs.
- Improved Air Quality – Investing in a dehumidifier doesn’t just help stop mold growth. Running your dehumidifier and reducing the humidity in your basement will make the air you breathe healthier. This can help reduce the amount of germs in your home, which means better overall health and fewer sick days.
- Protect Your Home’s Structure – Damp basements do more than make your air smell musty. Excess moisture can affect the lumber and materials used to build your home. There are several telltale signs of excess moisture, but one of the most common is sagging floors.
- Ensure Your Basement is Above Standards – A finished basement is a great way to expand your living space or entertain guests. We understand you want to keep the space just as comfortable as the rest of your home. Investing in effective dehumidification is the right answer to help.
- Reduce Pests – Most household pests love warm, damp environments. Pests like dust mites and bacteria thrive in places like your basement. When you use a dehumidifier, it makes it difficult for pests and bacteria to spread and thrive.
Common Questions About Basement Moisture Control
Regardless of whether you just started searching for dehumidifiers or if you have a few questions before investing, we’re here to help. Our team is committed to providing you with all the information you need to feel confident and excited about your choice. We’ve compiled a list of our customers’ most frequently asked questions and their answers for your benefit. If you have any questions or want more information after reading, reach out and call us. Here is our list of frequently asked questions:
- I Have a Waterproofing System in My Basement. Do I Need a Dehumidifier? – Waterproofing is an excellent way to keep your basement clean and dry, but we recommend investing in a dehumidifier. Concrete is a porous material that absorbs moisture from the soil and lets it seep into your basement. Dehumidifiers help remove excess moisture to keep your basement cool and dry. Even with an optimal waterproofing solution, keeping an ideal moisture level can be greatly helped by using a dehumidifier.
- Can I Use a Standard Portable Dehumidifier to Best Control the Humidity in My Basement? – Many standard dehumidifiers are designed to function at higher temperatures instead of the lower temperatures in basements. Further, these units are often too small to remove any excess moisture quickly and efficiently. Small units must work longer and harder, meaning higher energy usage and monthly bills.
- Do Dehumidifiers Shut Off When Full? – Some models will turn off when full, but not every model does. We recommend units that can be piped into your sump pit or drainage system so you don’t have to worry about constantly emptying anything.
Call Today to Keep Your Basement Moisture Free
If your basement feels muggy after a heavy rainstorm, call our professional team for help. We’ve been the leading waterproofing experts in Wisconsin for over 40 years. We’re committed to delivering long-lasting, high-quality results to keep your basement water-free. Our team utilizes industry-leading techniques and premium products to handle any leaking or issues your basement may face. We offer warranties on every project we complete for the structure’s life, and our warranty is transferable. If you’re ready to discover the difference a dehumidifier can make, give our team a call. We’ll get you scheduled for a full consultation today.